Chinese Ham and Egg Fried Rice
– 1/2 cup Peas
– 3 tablespoons Peanut Oil
– 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
– 3 cups Cooked Rice
– 1 teaspoon Salt
– 2 ounces Ham, cooked, cubed
– 1 Scallion, finely chopped
– Drain and run cold water over them. Have the peas, oil, eggs, rice, salt, ham and scallions handy.
– Heat a 10″ skillet over a high heat for 30 seconds.
– Pour in 1 teaspoon of oil, swirl it about in the pan and reduce the flame to moderate. Pour in the beaten eggs. They will form a film on the bottom of the pan at once. Immediately lift this film gently with a fork and push it to the back of the pan to cook. As soon as the eggs are set, but before they become dry or begin to brown, transfer them to a small bowl and break them up with a fork. Pour the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil into the pan. Swirl it around and heat it for 30 seconds.
– Add the rice and stir fry 2 to 3 minutes until all grains are coated with oil. Add the salt, peas and ham and stir fry for 20 seconds. Return the eggs to the pan, add the scallions and cook only long enough to heat the eggs thoroughly. Serve at once.